Waitangi and Cape Reinga

Muriwai Day Trip with Jennie

Saturday, 31 January 2009

Spa Pool and Sounds of the Summer!



Last night, Jennie had a BBQ at her house with her house mates. It was really nice to meet yet more lovely people, including her friend Becky who's also from England, and best of all she has a hot tub on her deck which we got to have a sit in! It was so relaxing and I've told her that I'll now be down there every evening after school! :) Today, after going to the library with Jennie (where you're allowed to take out 35 books would you believe?!), Sharon invited me along with her friends to Sounds of the Summer. This is part of a series of free music concerts around Auckland which are put on by Auckland City Council and Telecom (like BT) and this particular one was at Point Chevalier (not sure of the spelling) near the beach and had some great bands from New Zealand on but ones I'd never heard of! The main act were called Katchafire and were a reggae band who apparently supported UB40 on tour! It was really good fun-we took a picnic to share and it's been so hot today it was good to be outside. There are a few more different concerts on over the next couple of months so I'm hoping to catch another one in St Hellier's Bay near where I live. Also, they are also putting on movies outside, all linked to NZ in some way (setting, actors, director, etc) so I'd like to go and see some of those as well. Tomorrow I'll just be sorting school stuff and planning-boo! I've been enjoying the lovely long summer holiday but 2 days last week exhausted me so not sure how I'm going to survive this week! I'll let you know how I get on with my new class asap! x

2 comments:

  1. it sounds great at ur end its SNOWING over here realy bad

    ReplyDelete
  2. today we had lots and lots of snow
    i had a half day coz of it
    parvsxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.