Waitangi and Cape Reinga

Muriwai Day Trip with Jennie

Tuesday, 24 February 2009

Hello!

Hi Everyone,

I realise it's been ages since I last wrote and I do have some pictures from the weekend to put up soon. I've been so busy with school and spending all my time working so I haven't chance to update my blog.


I'm settling in better now and I'm enjoying getting to know my class. They're hard work but I'm learning fast...even picking up a few Samoan words along the way! They find it very funny when I try to say words or names, especially with my English accent I think! I'm finding it quite a challenge teaching in a completely different was to in the UK as the NZ way is very unique I think. I'm learning all the time and slowly getting my head around all the new things. Everyone is very friendly and try to help out when I'm stuck on something. :)

Good news-my car is now almost scratch free! :) My housemate Shaun gave me some magic scuff remover cream which really was magical so you can hardly see the damage and no paint required! I've had to try extremely hard not to scratch it again however as our gate is so narrow! Seems to be only me that has a problem getting out though...something I couldn't master even after 5 driving tests obviously! ;)

Promise to write soon with some proper news! x

PS It's Pancake Day here today but they don't celebrate it here :'( I was going to try to make some pancakes with my class but thought that might be a little adventurous, especially as we have no kitchen! Happy Pancake Day! :D

1 comment:

  1. Hi Miss Hughes
    Lisening to going gets tough.

    x..Amy..x
    xxx
    PS.missing you lots.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.