Waitangi and Cape Reinga

Muriwai Day Trip with Jennie

Sunday, 15 March 2009

Pasifika Festival






On Saturday I went to the Pasifika Festival at Western Springs. The weather wasn't great so I didn't really feel like I was on the Pacific Islands but it was a really great atmosphere and free! :D There was a little village for each island or group of islands with live music and dance performances, food and art from their culture. There were loads of islands I'd never even heard of! My favourite bit was seeing these female dancers from the Cook Islands with feathers around them-they were amazing! (See the photos and hopefully videos if they work). It was great for me teaching so many children from the islands and I learnt quite a bit. Also brilliant to 'visit' so many places all in one afternoon! Shame the pouring rain meant we weren't there for long! Felt like I was back at home! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.